Why Your Self-Hosted Blog is More Valuable than Your Facebook Page
by Todd Lohenry on April 22, 2011
in Just in case
Facebook has taken the Web by storm in a very short period. In addition to being the highest ranking social networking site, it is the second most visited site in the world according to Alexa, the popular blog measuring tool. Facebook’s popularity is so great that it unseated Google as the king of the Web one day in 2010.
Even though Facebook offer relationships, fun, and exposure, following are five reasons why I think your self-hosted blog is more valuable than your Facebook Page.
Here are the 5 reasons according to author Marcie Hill:
“1. You can control your own media and content.
2. You can reach a very targeted group.
3. You have the chance to get paid for ads.
4. You can rank high on Google.
5. Everybody is not on Facebook.”
To this I would add “You don’t own Facebook.” Facebook can and it will and it does change at anytime without notice regardless of impact to you.
- 10 Reasons Not To Ignore Your Blog For Facebook Image via CrunchBase Brace yourself: Facebook is trying to take…
- How to set up a Facebook fan page that works I’ve been talking to several people recently about setting up…
- Facebook page vs. websites; Guy vs. Todd Image via Wikipedia I’ve been following industry oracle Guy Kawasaki…
- The Importance of Google PageRank: A Guide For Small Business Executives Put quite simply, SEO is the process of optimizing your…
- You Can Now Convert Your Facebook Profile to a Facebook Page via mashable.com At last! Help for all those brands that…